Monday, January 26, 2009

Welcoming the Ox

Gong Hei Fatt Choy!

So the Ox has arrived.
Funnily, it feels the same to me.
A few hours ago, it was the Rat, and now it's the Ox.
Maybe I was hoping to see if the animals will make a vast difference.
But then, maybe I'm just being naive.
Being Chinese, you can't help being swept along with all these talks about the animals in the Chinese zodiac.

The Ox is everywhere. On the streets. On tv. Even on humans.

The Ox year is said to be good for us born in the year of the Rooster.
I hope it's true. Never hurt to be optimistic does it?
I still can't recite the whole list of animals of the zodiac in the correct order.
Mum can.
She even remembers the animals of my aunts, uncles, and cousins.

For me, I now know Rat was last year, Ox is this year and next year, Tiger.
I'm hoping to have an Ox baby.
If that doesn't happen, most likely we'll work on getting a little Tiger.
I've been told to avoid the Tiger year as it tends to have some undesirable traits.
But I'm getting older as the year goes by.
It's a dilemma.

As Eric says, we'll worry about it when we have to. And I think he's right.

So here's to being a year older (for the Chinese, after the new year, we're always 1 year older than our birth age) and hopefully a little wiser.

Wishing friends and family abundance of Wealth, Health and Happiness in the year of the Ox.

Gong Hei...Gong Hei!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...