Saturday, January 30, 2010

Spring Cleaning the Mini Library

Yup...I started cleaning.
Household chores are so not my thing *sigh*
But it had to be done...and I'm proud of myself.
I survived, for now.
We have so much stuffs in there...some of it I never knew we had which is a nice surprise.
Found lots of stuffs that brought me back to the past...bringing back lots of long lost memories.

Also hidden in boxes are soft toys and my collection of McD's Winnie the Pooh and also the McD's Bears.
It was all the crazed back in those days okay.
Now I don't know what to do with them -_-
I have this crazy idea to build small standing shelf to put the small bears.
The bears are couple dressed in costumes...really nice leh.
But where to go buy the stuffs for such a small DIY project lar.
This reminds me of my "kerja kayu" back in highschool.
Wonder where it has disappeared to.
We made a jewellery box if I'm not mistaken and even sew a pink cover for it.
I don't remember throwing my handmade box away...maybe mum did.
Hmm...

Okay...went off topic again.
I then found my lucky trolls =)
Mum bought them for me when I got 7A's in my PMR exams.
No idea why I asked for trolls as presents...now they badly need a bath...geez.
That is also when I got an allergy attack for the 1st time in my life.
To celebrate my PMR results, Mum took me for dinner at Victoria Station where I got to order a live lobster as my reward.
The waiter brought the lobster out to say "Hi" before it went into the cooking pot.
It was the yummiest lobster I've ever eaten in my 15 years on Earth!
Cost a bomb back then and it gave me hives -_-
See what I mean about bringing back memories?

Going back even further...I found my 'autograph" books =)
Even as far back as primary school.
I'm sure you 80's babies will remember having one and also scribbling in your friends!
OMG...the things we have in our naive innocent minds back then are hilarious.
You know...there are categories like "Friends", "Best Friends", "Best Best Friends" and the cutest one "Dream girl/boy" =P
For the Dream girl/boy category...no names are revealed BUT there are clues so you can try to guess.
For example : Dream gal/boy = _ _ _ _ _
But normally everyone already know who it is lar ;P

Also in boxes are my old sticker books.
All furry, shiny, glow-in-the-dark (which still glows btw), transparent and scratch-to-smell (no smell already lar) stickers of all sizes are still there.
So are my small collection of stamps =D

I'm still not done with the library...and I've been at it for a few days.
I keep finding stuffs that makes me stop and reminiscent of the good ol' days.
Hope to get it done by next week so I can move on to spring cleaning my room.
It's a bigger mess than the library but at least there'll be less trip down memory lane.

It's gonna be a busy weekend and I can't wait to meet up with friends I haven't seen for a while =D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...