Monday, May 16, 2011

The Stages

The easiest part in the whole wonderful experience of having Marcus boy...is the 'baby making' stage.
It's fun...and pleasurable ;P
I'm sure nobody minds going through this stage over and over again.

Then the 'pregnant' stage hits. It ain't so fun anymore.
Nausea and vomiting.
Followed by cravings, weight gain, tiredness, swelling feet and sweating all the time.
Not too mention unattractively waddling around like a penguin and needing to pee ever so often.

Just when I've had enough of being mistaken for an Asian penguin...
The 'birth stage' was a welcomed relieve.
That is...until the contractions started and let me tell you...you never knew pain until you had a baby.
I can't even describe the level of pain we women have to bear in childbirth (the natural way and not Cesarean)
Yup...It was freaking scary.
Was it worth it? Of course!
But a little less pain would've made it a more pleasant experience!

Now we're at the 'bundle of joy' stage.
Marcus boy is the joy of my life...just seeing him smile makes my day.
But I could do with more sleep.
I am exhausted from lack of sleep and rest.
The cycle of taking care of Marcus during the night to working during the day is taking a toll on me.
Finding it really hard to focus at work when I miss my baby.
And finding it hard to spend quality time with my baby when I'm exhausted.
I do feel guilty for not being able to spend more time with him...what can this Mommy do?
There is only so many hours in a day...and they're never enough =(

I miss my baby.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...