Saturday, June 13, 2009

NEU Vegetarian Restaurant @ Petaling Jaya

Was out for most of the day with Mum, Aunt Serene and Melaine.
First, got up early for some water spa experiment and then we headed for a vegetarian lunch.
I'm not sure how to get to the restaurant, but it's located in State, PJ.
If you're attempting to try this restaurant, just to let you know it's hard to get a parking spot in this area.
And traffic can get a little chaotic.

The restaurant's interior is pretty ordinary. Nothing fancy going on here.
Old cucumber soup which is pretty alright. I'm not a big fan so my bowl of soup went to Mum =P

Bet you can't guess what this dish is supposed to be. It's fried frog legs =P It's crunchy and super yummy. Definitely one of our fav in this restaurant.

Singapore style fried meehoon which looks kinda bland. I didn't try it but was told it wasn't yummy at all.

Vegetable curry which is tasty. The only problem with it was the few vege and tofu floating around. They seemed to be kinda stingy with the vege =(

This...is assam fish. Yup...fake fish =P The fish is made from tofu and is a must-have for us!

I know this doesn't look very appetizing...but it's very crispy and flavourful. And it's supposed to be fake roasted duck =D By the looks of it, it's made from beancurd skin and deep fried. No one said vegetarian food is all healthy =P

This is definitely tofu. Nothing fake about it...totally vegetarian.

Stir fry baby french beans.

Obviously there's no meat served in this restaurant.
Any "meat" dishes are creatively made from flour, tofu or beancurd skin.
Surprisingly, the fake dishes taste pretty good...just don't think too much or be too skeptical while eating.

I enjoy having a vegetarian meal now and then.
Kinda make me feel like I'm eating healthy =P
I can never be a vegetarian though, I love my meat too much.
Just thinking of pork knuckles, ribs and steak is making me drool.
I'll make an effort with vege...that's all I can promise =)

If you're looking for a vegetarian restaurant, give NEU a try.
Had been told that it's one of the best in town.

NEU Vegetarian Restaurant
No. 41, Jalan 52/18,
46200 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor
Tel : 03-79573789
Opening hours : 11am - 3pm, 6pm - 10pm

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...