Friday, June 26, 2009

Goodbye Michael

It's a sad day, today.
I couldn't believe it when Mum told me this morning that Michael Jackson has passed away.
Suddenly, images of Michael flashed through my mind.
Especially memories from his concert that I was fortunate enough to experience many years ago.

In 1996, when I was in Form 3, Michael held his concert in Malaysia.
Eventhough the concert was held on the eve of my PMR exam, it didn't stop me!
Thankfully I aced the exam and Mum was understanding enough to let me go to the concert with such a major exam just around the corner.

I grew up listening to his music and watch Uncle Mike danced to Beat It with failed attempts at the moonwalk.
I was very very lucky...as I got to see Michael in action on his HIStory tour =)
Tears even flowed unashamed down my cheeks just like so many other fans in the stadium as his songs were so moving.
You think you were touched just listening to his beautiful songs on the radio/pc/tv...trust me...when you hear it live in person...it's overwhelming.
It's one of the best memories of my life.

And now, the genius of Michael Jackson will live on in his music.
Rest in peace Michael.
Thank you for the beautiful songs, your legacy.

1 comment:

Jess said...

He is a real legend..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...