Friday, February 25, 2011


So...we said 'Bye' to Tiger and 'Hi' to Rabbit.
We waited anxiously everyday for the pass month or so...
"D"(due) date came and gone...
and Jr. is still happily incubating inside me.

Geez...all that anticipation...and now we are faced with the possibility of having a big baby (coz babies puts on weight really fast after they're due) which will lead to a C-sect instead of having him the natural way.

I was really hoping to have Jr. by natural birth and without any epidural (too many side effects that bothers me) but I never ruled out C-sect just in case the situation calls for such intervention.

Doc gave Jr. another week to make his grand entrance into this world by himself...if he still refuses to budge...then we're left with no other choice.

What a dilemma =(


tongchen@seattle said...

Greetings from USA! I love your blog.
You are welcomed to visit me at:

Angie L., Doula said...

Don't fret! You ALWAYS have choices when it comes to YOUR body. Cesareans are often performed for illegitimate reasons... for example, having "too large of a baby" is bologna. Your doctor doesn't know how well your body will stretch. No one does.

But never mind all that. Perhaps you might consider the following BEFORE subjecting you and your baby to surgical trauma:

- EDD= estimated due dates. This is not certain. Also, EDDs projected by measurments taken during ultrasound are faulty.
- Trust that your body (and baby) will start labor naturally.
- Consider natural induction methods
- Speak with your doctor about ALL of the OPTIONS. If you really don't want a cesarean, tell the doc. You both can choose to induce instead of jump-skipping right on over to a surgery.

Lastly, from one chef's wife to another and one mom to another, gimme a call. Or shoot an email over if you need to talk or have questions. Even if you decide to deliver via c-section, I have tons of helpful tips to make it as easy as possible.

(You're welcome to read more about me too if you like..

Baby said...

my niece came out after due date and she doing fine. don't worry.. keep yourself happy, you won't want an unhappy baby..

Tracy said...

tongchen : Thanks =)

Angie : Thanks for the advice. Fortunately, he came the natural way and we managed to avoid going into surgery. He is however, the heaviest baby in the medical centre among 8 babies!!!

Jolene : Jr. did come after his due date and he's doing great =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...