Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ink Stains

So...yesterday I had a meeting with a client of ours and I wore one of my nicer working shirts which was beige in colour.
We walked around the site and I was taking notes while sweating like a mad woman.
After the meeting, my boss said to me "Ohh...you have ink on your shirt"
I managed to draw graffity on my beautiful shirt with black ink -_-

Everyone told me it's hard to get ink out from fabric and it obviously made me quite upset lar...with my stupidity.
I should've been more careful with such a powerful weapon in my hands trotting around in 3 inch heels with a big document bag on my shoulder and a notebook!
Sigh...
What can a working gal do?
Well....thank goodness for Google!
Once I got back to the office, I quickly Google on how to remove ink stains from clothes.
Found this great tip on eHow on how it's done.
I'm a little sceptical on using hairspray so I tried with nail polish remover instead.
And it freaking worked!!!
At first I freaked out a little as the nail polish remover actually made the ink spread into a bigger mess...but I kept blotting and blotting with cotton buds until the ink was almost all gone =)
There was still a faint shadow of the stain (my shirt is beige) so I put some detergent on it and and rub it a little.
Rince it off and even the shadow was gone *jumps around happily*
So there you go...if you need to get ink stain out from your favourite shirt...give nail polish remover a try...I can't vouch for the hairspray as I didn't try that method.
We do learn something new everyday =D
(No pics as I was too anxious to remove the stain and only thought about it after it was done)

Oh..and I'm also getting fat =( =( =(
It's all Eric's fault...supper is too good to resist! *sigh*
I've also spend quite a bit on office attire over the weekend...I do need more though.
I'm currently wearing clothes from donkey years ago...they still fit okay.
I still need shoes...shoes...shoes =P

On a side note...I'm hating service providers *growl*
They seriously get on my nerves.
One of them actually hung up on me....God..it made me so bloody pissed.
I lodged a complaint...serves her fat ass right for messing with me.
I'm not going to let her off so easy.
We're paying them a sizeable amount every month and this is the kind of crappy services they give their customers.
Gotta cool down...not worth stressing myself over such idiots.

On a happier note...Eric found a car he likes and we're in the midst of getting it.
Hopefully it'll be coming home soon with us *cross fingers*
And the office is filling up with new colleagues...it was so lonely sitting here in the department all by myself.
I'm glad to say I'm working with super nice people...they're friendly and fun but of course there are exceptions.
We just ignore those sourpuss.
It's a nice change of environment from working in a MNC company.
Less SOP, less stress, less politics and best of all, less people looking over your shoulders and trying to step all over you.
Of course there's pros and cons in any company...so far, I'm happy here.
Yalar...it's only my 3rd week...so we'll see how things goes in the next few months.
I just can't stand so much inefficiency and delays...sigh...just gotta learn to be more patient *breathe in, breathe out*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...